Edublog Assignment #3

ahmed-shadowbox

I live in the fruitvale neighborhood in oakland california.I would describe my neighborhood as a dangerous one.I am a person that is a athletic and hardworking.As a son I am so good to my parents.Some of my identity aspects is that  I am arab and a muslim who was born in yemen.

First of all I am a muslim who was born in yemen. When I came to the United states i started hearing the word terrorist a lot and I was called terrorist.Another thing is that people are saying things about my religion which is islam that it’s a bad religion. Being called a terrorist was really new to me I thought americans were all nice so it wasn’t a good experience.And people telling me my religion is bad frustrated me.

Another kind of narrative is what is against a counter narrative that is said by a person that had been labeled by a dominant narrative.The first picture said muslims are over 1.5 billion if they were terrorist there won’t be no one left in world.The second one is a verse from quran that say to not kill an innocent person which show that our religion doesn’t say go bomb people.The third one is prophet muhammed commands on war which show how good of person he is was.

Furthermore I had identity images and identity images are images that describe a person.One image that I had Is the flag of yemen which is whee I was born and it shows my nationality.Another picture that used is a picture of quran which show that I am a muslim and its in my daily life because I am trying to follow quran because I think its the right path.The third picture is the logo for my soccer team and it show what I like and what I play for.

In conclusion people see me as a muslim boy that is growing up to be a terrorist. If people really knew me they would know that I like to play soccer and a hardworking in school.Telling the story of who I really am is important because people will just have a idea that is not good about you their whole life.What I learned is that a dominant narrative is what makes all the hates in this world by showing people wrong.